Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Accessory Report : The Metal Plate Belt.

Metal belts may have once been the providence of superheroes and wrestling champions, but in recent times, they've managed to find their way around the waists of some of fashion's most stylish ladies. It's not surprising, given the accessory's completely modern look and red carpet appeal, plus its figure-flattering capabilities .
Here are some little tips..
  • Wear it with a gown to personalize a formal look. It can be difficult to showcase personal style in black tie situations, but throwing a thin gold metal belt over a gown is a chic way to have a little fun on a serious evening.












  • Wear a metal belt with any bodycon dress. It dresses up monochrome minis and shows off your waistline against printed dresses as well. Keep the jewellery minimal for the rest of the look if you choose to wear the trend this way.

  • A peplum top is already waist accentuating, add a gold metal belt for an even more exaggerated shape. Style this combination with pencil skirts, trousers or skinnies for a sexy yet polished look.








 
  • A casual maxi dress can be elevated with a gold metal belt and embellished sandals. Throw on some shades for a put together daytime look. 





  • Just go with the flow..Wear with pants, shorts, or whatever.Pencil skirts and tank tops are also a great canvas for a statement belt. A below-the-knee skirt enhances curves and nipping the waist with a simple belt polishes the look without disrupting the silhouette.











Not only will this lovely accessory give you a nice shape, the reflective sheen will add a contemporary touch to whatever you're wearing.
Stay fab!

16 comments:

  1. Bose, its official! Your blog is the best fashion and style blog ever! I am addicted! Keep it coming!!! You are doing a fantastic job! Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bose I luv ur blog esp whn ur down wit fashon tips.... Ths collection is lovely, am off 2get my metal belt...... Emy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me likey where can I get one?
    #Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Each day i dont come here...hvnt strted internt surfing.Gret blog,great job too,Bose.Where can some of us get hold of one please?*hope no be only Lag cos nt all of us stay there nd hope they can warebill if need be*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I jus love yu bose! Muaaah! Keep doin d good work

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love ur blog dear...kip it up...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I ☞n̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊e̶̲̥̅̊d̶̲̥̅̊ⓒⓗⓐⓣ☜ 2 get one 4 myself. Getting addicted to ur blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yippee! I have one already. Luckily,it came wt a peplum dress my fiance bought for me-elle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bose please can u post something on how to dress and what fashion items to avoid when goin for a job interview? Pleeeeeseeeee,thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree, this is the best fashion blog ever but more importantly I want me a metallic belt, where do I get a good one in lagos?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bose dearie,great job you are doing on your blog but I have one question? Why don't you respond to your fans comments? You need to do that just to add a personal touch!Please try and you will be amazed at the feedback! Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE this color!!! I was getting super pumped about wearing my new boots UNTIL I looked at the weather...the end in sight is STILL 89 degrees-next weekend?? But...if it dips below 90, I might just have to bust them out! Have a great day!! Metallic belts

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a great trend...the belts add a little something extra to the outfits!Metallic belts

    ReplyDelete